2015 CPM/post-holiday warning

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have any information on how the whole ad business runs. I just hope that businesses see the value in video advertising and Google is successful in getting more to participate. In the meantime, the rates are OK but March RPM is 10% lower than February so far for my channel.
Is monetized view percentage higher than normal though?\

Edited cause I'm an idiot and need more coffee.

Last edited:

Video Cranker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't care much about CPM, I just care about RPM. That takes into account CPM and CTR and all the other factors that determine how much you're actually making per 1,000 monetized views. That's really all that matters anyway in determining your revenue. Even if my CPM is $100 (which it's not, ha!) but if I only get 2 clicks per thousand views, I will be making very little. A strong click through rate (CTR) is a huge factor apart from CPM. Your RPM is where the rubber meets your bank account.

Kohryu

Reaction score
What is the normal monetized view percentage?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's pretty low at the moment, since the beginning of the year mine has dropped from 80% to just 65% :<
65% is pretty good. My Last 28 days has a 41.7 % monetization rate.

8.3 % is from non-skippable ads (Standard Reserved In-Stream + Auction In-stream).
21.6% is from skippable ads (Auction TrueView In-Stream + Reserved In-Stream Select)
11.8% is from banner ads (Auction display + Reserved display)

While banner ads pay the least, I could still live off of their revenue because of the volume of my views.

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it just me or is the CTR (better ads) & RPM starting to perk up? .. Maybe it's the lucky Easter Bunny?

Rod71

I've Got It
Reaction score
Ours is climbing back up, woo hoo!
Yep. First week of March was pretty ordinary and figured it was going to be just like Jan/Feb. But it's certainly picked up, so much so that it's going to be a record month for me. I exceeded my monthly goal with 10 days to go :)

Reactions: Video Cranker

Video Cranker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My December is All time as usual and doubles compared to my October earnings

triples compared to my last year december earnings

anyone got like this
For some reason in 2014 November was my biggest month, December was strong but the rates and views weren't quite as strong as November for us. It seems Oct and Nov are our best months so far, but we've only done this for a couple of years so we're still relatively new.