2013 LAYOUT THREAD (all posts about the new layout go here)

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
then new layout is sooooo amazinnnggg!!!!!!! 65 more sleeps until every one is forced to this amazing!!!! pioece!!! oofff!!! arrtttt!!!!!!! thank you youtube gods!!!

sammek

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Imho, I like the older layouts, even before Cosmic Panda (which was forced upon all youtubers even when most youtubers wanted the old layouts, like before 2008). The OneChannel is not really my liking as it is centered into the middle and there is not much place for a background unlike the previous layouts.

At first I thought like you, but I've started to enjoy the new one. The old one feels like its from 2007 or something, but I agree with you that you dont have the amount of space for branding etc

League of Average Gamers

Reaction score
I don't really like the Youtube One Channel Layout. The old one had more creativity and allowed everyone to see the same video when they went onto your channel not some trailer and then actual videos. Maybe its just me but I was kinda sad when I logged in and they said I had to change within a few days. Decided to do it now so I could set everything up but still. I feel like theres so much white now on YouTube and less color and customization. Im getting used to it now and its not so bad but still, I prefer the old one.

OwenBennett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Google just made the announcement, so everyone should be able to opt in by the end of the day.

Go to to opt in
The new layout is really really bad. Cant believe they are forcing it! This is a bad move Google. There doing it so more ads can be displayed & larger ones. I suppose for them its great! But for content creators & GFXers its limiting the capabilities widely!

Hope it helped!

Owen

Jack Leary

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't really like the youtube one layout! The whole interface of it doesn't seem really appealing and it limits the creativity! It doesn't really differentiate the partners from the non partners (this could be a positive and negative aspect). I feel that I have to no make a video introducing my channel and content to constantly stay on my youtube channel page (maybe this is a good thing). I personally preferred the old layout but no doubt they will bring a new interface out some time in the near future!

Darion Jordan

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I prefer the older layout by far, not saying the Youtube One layout is bad, it just feels a tad cramped and less personal. I can't customize it to my full desires, but i guess that isn't too big a deal. People seem to like it, i mean i like it for when i visit pages on a mobile phone and such but other than that it doesn't entirely fit my taste, it's okay, though :biggrin:

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
No offence to anyone who does like the new layout, but I HATE IT! It's so difficult to find my way around, there appears to be no room for customisation save for the profile pic, gone will be the days of cool backgrounds to add a personal touch to your channel, this is creating a soulless environment where everybody is the same. I am not upgrading, they can prize the old layout from my cold dead hands.

Xeogran

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So today is the day it changes, right? I'll be waiting.