200 subs and 20k views in 2 weeks -My Strategy

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello guys,
I just joined the site today and have already met some cool youtubers and received some helpful tips...so I'd like to reciprocate the help.

In 2 weeks I have been able to achieve 200 subs and over 20k views. I know that this isn't groundbreaking or anything but I thought I'd share my strategy for anyone that's interested. Below is what I did.

1. Facebook - I joined FB groups in my niche (tech). I didnt just spam my link, I actually interacted with the members (comment, like..etc)

2. Instagram - I was fortunate enough to have an Instagram that was already reasonably popular because of a sneaker niche that I grew over 2 years. However because I switched niches not all of the sneakerheads shared the same interest in tech as they did in sneakers....so I am using the same formula that built a 20k plus sneakerhead following to build my tech following. I hastagged keywords in my niche (techophile..gaming..etc) then..interact.. like..comment and follow posts and users. (Keep in mind that this isn't just a one time deal..I do this everyday.. all day... several times a day) its a never ending task. FYI: there are softwares that will automate these tasks for you but to be on the safe side I'd do it manually and sparingly.

3. Twitter..same as Instagram

4. I reached out to a youtuber with a nice size channel who also reviews desk setups. I submitted my desk setup and he added it as a feature (used my setup as the thumbnail) and reviewed it.

5. At the end of my first video I announced that I would be doing a giveaway during my next video (for subscribers)

I hope this helps someone or at least spark some other ideas.

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm curious on the exact break down percentage of where those 20k views came from. Anyway you can look at your analytics and look at your external views?

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I never tried Facebook groups. I will give it a shot.

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm curious on the exact break down percentage of where those 20k views came from. Anyway you can look at your analytics and look at your external views?
I don't see external views in the break down. But 79% came from suggested videos. This is not surprising because the guy who featured my video on his channel has 157,543 subscribers

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Every video of yours has a extreme amount of views compared to your subs. Is it all from this one guy that featured you ? Or do the other videos draw views from facebook ?

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Every video of yours has a extreme amount of views compared to your subs. Is it all from this one guy that featured you ? Or do the other videos draw views from facebook ?
Yeah, the video of the desk setup was the one featured on his channel. That one has the most views. I piggy backed off of that video by adding an "end screen annotation" to that video..and all of the others. I honestly didn't dig deep into the source until @PositivelyBrainwashed questioned me about it. Now I see that my desk setup video appears as a suggested video along side the guy that featured my video..so I'm assuming that's where all of the traffic is coming from. I have had several messages from guys on FB and Instagram letting me know that they subbed for the giveaway..so i'm assuming some traffic came from there...but I don't see Facebook or IG in the source. The only other thing that I can think of is that maybe they followed me from youtube to IG and FB.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Yeah, the video of the desk setup was the one featured on his channel. That one has the most views. I piggy backed off of that video by adding an "end screen annotation" to that video..and all of the others. I honestly didn't dig deep into the source until @PositivelyBrainwashed questioned me about it. Now I see that my desk setup video appears as a suggested video along side the guy that featured my video..so I'm assuming that's where all of the traffic is coming from. I have had several messages from guys on FB and Instagram letting me know that they subbed for the giveaway..so i'm assuming some traffic came from there...but I don't see Facebook or IG in the source. The only other thing that I can think of is that maybe they followed me from youtube to IG and FB.
From my (limited) experience i can say that annotations and endcards dont bring in too much views. Maybe 1-2% of the first video to the other, not more.
But you can check your analytics for the other videos... If most of these views come from "suggested" it seems that the youtube algorithm likes you and put you on some other fairly popular videos as a suggestion ! If the views come from a large part from your channel page that means that viewers who watched your first video checked out your channel and watched your other videos. Could be, but usually after this happens a higher percentage than just 2% sub to your channel.

Reactions: Keyser Reveal