• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

200 Subs / 10,000+ Views

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hello again!

When I first joined YTtalk, I read milestone threads as sources of information and inspiration in growing my YouTube channel. It helped me relate to other YouTubers of similar size, and be motivated by those achieving even greater success. Threads that I post in this forum will include as much value as possible for other up-and-coming YouTubers that are interested in growing their own channel!

On September 25th, 2016 I posted that I had reached 100 Subs and 4,000+ views. It is now January 5th, 2017 and my channel hit 200 Subs / 12,000 views! For those of you that have subscribed, thank you so much!

Pixel & Bracket is an art channel in which I post tutorials in Adobe CC programs, speed art, graphic design, and feature work from other artists. If that sounds interesting check it out, new videos every week!

For others growing their own channels, keep at it. It may seem like it's never going to grow, but trust me it will. Be consistent, be honest, and stick to your passions!

Growth History:

0 to 50 Subs / 0 to 2000 Views
This took me 6 months to achieve and growth felt so slow, but I decided to be consistent and stick with it to see what would happen.

50 to 100 Subs / 2000 to 4000 Views
Doubling the previous numbers happened in 1.5 months. Consistency has really been key and I can't wait to see how fast I can grow the channel from here!

100 to 200 Subs / 4000 to 12,000 Views
Added another 100 subs over 3 months. Views have TRIPLED! I also crossed 100 video uploads.

Next up: 500 subs!

Insights:

You might read a lot about noticing your channel grow quickly once you hit that magical 100 subscriber mark. I didn't notice this necessarily, but I DID notice much more consistent growth after hitting 150 subs. I hit 150 at the beginning of December and grabbed another 50 subs over the next month which is the fastest I've ever gained subs. Around New Years I began playing with $1.00/day video ads and they seem to be helping discovery. Note: I wouldn't run "In-Stream" ads unless you're actually selling something. Otherwise, these will just inflate the views and not give you any engagement. Instead, I like the display and search ads that people have to actually click on to view. I think that puts my video in front of a more interested and targeted audience.

Go make something!
Spencer

Last edited:

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations!
I am really glad about your sucess by now and i hope you will grow much more. I believe in you! ;)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations! That's excellent!

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Reactions: Envision Adventure

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow all that time and effort finally paid off for you and that is great!!! Keep up the amazing work and just remember that even through the hardest of youtube times that can and probably will come....NEVER stop doing what you love because the moment you do all that effort will be lost. Progress is progress no matter how much just like a penny is still money.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Wow all that time and effort finally paid off for you and that is great!!! Keep up the amazing work and just remember that even through the hardest of youtube times that can and probably will come....NEVER stop doing what you love because the moment you do all that effort will be lost. Progress is progress no matter how much just like a penny is still money.
Absolutely! I think staying grounded is a huge part of keeping a positive mentality. Some days I find myself upset at a decline in views or a sub-less day and you just have to put it in perspective, because what I think are valleys now were actually my peaks not long ago.