20 videos in and I'm cringing at video 1...

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just posted my 20th video and it's interesting looking back at how much my on camera style (or lack thereof) has improved in just 11 weeks.

I watched my first video to see how far I've come and I think it sucks compared to my newer ones.

Should I delete it? Though I can imagine getting to my 100th upload and looking back at my latest videos now and saying they suck.

What should I do? I think my older videos could be hurting my channel...

Reactions: HC.SameerPatil

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I'm never a fan of deleting older videos unless the information in them is out of date or incorrect. I think it's nice to see people getting better at their art and may actually encourage people to sub as they can see the effort you're putting.

Reactions: Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I'm never a fan of deleting older videos unless the information in them is out of date or incorrect. I think it's nice to see people getting better at their art and may actually encourage people to sub as they can see the effort you're putting.
That's an interesting take on it I hadn't considered. Thanks, I'll have a think :)

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I never deleted any of my old stuff, and I'm glad I didnt now. It's a really nice way to see how far you've come, and also I've made videos about my old videos so ya

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn't delete it. Like BBQ Chef said, your new subs can look back on your first video and your current video and see how much effort you are putting into your videos.

Slothound

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I vote for keeping everything as long as the info is accurate as BBQ Chef stated. One of these days I'll put together an outtakes/blooper reel and some of the material will most likely come from earlier creations.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
like others mentioned, as long as the video isn't hurting anyone due to misinformation and what not, I'd keep the video no matter how cringe worthy it may be. look at it another way. if you think the video isn't very good, I'm sure most people will not watch the entire video anyway so no harm no foul. you'll also get another view as well as be able to track your progression.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the sound advice everyone. I think I'll keep them, as cringey as I find them :D

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just posted my 20th video and it's interesting looking back at how much my on camera style (or lack thereof) has improved in just 11 weeks.

I watched my first video to see how far I've come and I think it sucks compared to my newer ones.

Should I delete it? Though I can imagine getting to my 100th upload and looking back at my latest videos now and saying they suck.

What should I do? I think my older videos could be hurting my channel...
Hey Darren, I can so relate to what you're feeling like man looking back at your old videos haha! I think you should not delete it as you have evidence of your progression. Youtube is like a time machine and one day when you're at the mountain peak you can look back at where you started and be really proud. Keep progressing and always be proud of where you started my man :thumbsup2: