• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

20,000 subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Anderson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Something I didn't understand when I first started youtube that I know now is TIMING. When a new topic, game, event, glitch, comes out that is hot, you have to try hard to be one of the 1st people to talk about it. That will improve your chance of making it on that 1st page of that topic where thousands of people will see it.
Timing is something I'm learning as well. I had my Valentines magic video up the day before Valentines day, but in retrospect I wish I had put it up at least 2-3 days sooner. I'm putting out a St. Patty's day magic video 4 days ahead of time this time; that seems to be the way to go.

Reactions: Josh Keatley

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations dude! Well done on hitting the big 20k subs! 40k should be a walk in the park now.
Thank you so much! I hope I do it 40-50k subs much faster! Thanks!

Timing is something I'm learning as well. I had my Valentines magic video up the day before Valentines day, but in retrospect I wish I had put it up at least 2-3 days sooner. I'm putting out a St. Patty's day magic video 4 days ahead of time this time; that seems to be the way to go.
I would almost think that early on valentines day would be the best time. But again 4-5 days before valentines day might give it some time to build momentum! Definitely try things out and master which one works the best for holiday's and special events. When I search "Valentine's day" most of the biggest recent videos have 1 day/2 day marked on them meaning that they did upload them on valentine's day.

I want to say great valentines video. It deserves way more views! Did you search for your video before you made it/ put it on youtube? You have to say to your self what would someone type in to find my video. I would prob type in -funny valentines day - single on valentines day - no date on valentines day. youtube suggests when I start to type in funny valentine "funny valentine video" I think putting in they key word "valentine's day" would make a huge difference.

I'm just trying to help you out if I can! You have a great channel!

Rob Anderson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That's good advice; I didn't search for my vid, but good advice for sure. Thanks!

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's good advice; I didn't search for my vid, but good advice for sure. Thanks!
One more thing, You remind me of roman atwood. Look at some of his thumbnails, titles and try to master what he does! I think your thumbnail for your valentines day video would have been best with no words. But instead you holding a rose and the best reaction of a girl in the thumbnail. Make the girls that see your thumbnail say "awww" Maybe even one of the fire moments on screen in the thumbnail would really bring attention to your video!

I am not trying to sound like mr know it all because I definitely don't know it all. lol. But I do really want to help you out! I think you will be huge on youtube some day!

Rob Anderson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
One more thing, You remind me of roman atwood. Look at some of his thumbnails, titles and try to master what he does! I think your thumbnail for your valentines day video would have been best with no words. But instead you holding a rose and the best reaction of a girl in the thumbnail. Make the girls that see your thumbnail say "awww" Maybe even one of the fire moments on screen in the thumbnail would really bring attention to your video!
Interesting you mention that, because I've been debating whether to use words in my thumbs or not. Check out the recent vids on my channel "using magic to feed the homeless" and "taking awkwardly close up pictures". I think those are actually super eye-catching thumbnails because of the way I did the text. I posted the recent "superbowl interview prank" without any text at first, and it actually didn't do that well (the audio sucked, but that's besides the point). I've really been debating what to do about the thumbnails though. I'm friends with Stuart Edge (we're about to do a collab), and he never puts text in his thumbs, and is one of the top channels on Youtube right now.

I dunno, you make a good point though. I've been giving the text/no text thing a lot of consideration lately, so thanks for your input.

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Interesting you mention that, because I've been debating whether to use words in my thumbs or not. Check out the recent vids on my channel "using magic to feed the homeless" and "taking awkwardly close up pictures". I think those are actually super eye-catching thumbnails because of the way I did the text. I posted the recent "superbowl interview prank" without any text at first, and it actually didn't do that well (the audio sucked, but that's besides the point). I've really been debating what to do about the thumbnails though. I'm friends with Stuart Edge (we're about to do a collab), and he never puts text in his thumbs, and is one of the top channels on Youtube right now.

I dunno, you make a good point though. I've been giving the text/no text thing a lot of consideration lately, so thanks for your input.
I think those 2 thumbnails do look good, but givin the title "using magic to feed the homeless" I think a close up of the homeless guy and u using magic would work so much better. I would definitely try not using words and just focus on closeups of what the video is about or the best reaction in the video.

Stuart Edge is awesome. I think his thumbnails work real good. You should definitely follow some of the things he does. Set your channel up a little bit better would be helpful. You have 10 playlist use that to fill your channel page up. You definitely need to work on the audio. The one video I watched the talking was in my left ear in my headset the whole time. That can make people using headsets click off your video right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.