• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

20,000 subscribers noticable difference

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
we hit 20,000 subs the other month

I once asked yttalk if there were any milestone markers that had significant changes, so that I could aim for that as a short term goal mile marker. And i didnt get any clear guidance.

So i want to share with you all that around 20,000 is when i felt some changes, some traction. When we hit our first 100, 1000, 10,000 15,000 and so on, we didnt really feel any changes. Just the same struggle all throughout.

But after we hit 20,000 we started getting more comments on our videos. More rsponse back from viewers and more interaction. Before 20k it felt like we were uploading videos into a blackhole. After 20k is when you feel like people are really watching your videos. Also the real time views were of thicker volume for appropriately targeted videos. We are Starting to feel real traction, change, and hopefully more growth. It feels like 20,000 was a major milestone marker.

And technically it wasnt at 20k. When we hit 20k we didnt feel all these changes and i thought it was another meaningless marker like 10000 15000 was. But maybe around 21 or 22,000 is when i realized things have changed a little.

So fyi guys hitting past 20,000 seems significant. Although all channels are different and our experience may not be the same as others.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats on that amazing milestone. I dont think I'll ever reach that 20,000 threshold, not even close, but its good to know the info thanks.

Reactions: FamilyToyReview

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
How mNy videos have you made and how many of the old ones get significant views before and after 20k.? How long to get to 20?

Congrats by the way!

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
How mNy videos have you made and how many of the old ones get significant views before and after 20k.? How long to get to 20?

Congrats by the way!
Ive got over 600 videos. Old videos seem unaffected. I have evergreen videos that havent changed much. Most of the change is from new videos. I suspect youtube groups new videos together. Those videos also get old together. Old videos eventually die off in my exp. with exception of a couple evergreens.

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is great feedback and, to some degree, a tangible goal for the rest of us to set sights on. Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations! The hard work is paying off. Looking forward to hearing about you hitting 50k subs in the near future! Cheers.

creationsbys

Paracord tutorial channel
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Also good to know! We are almost to that number!! But, first things first, always be passionate about doing and don't forget about good content!

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
we hit 20,000 subs the other month

I once asked yttalk if there were any milestone markers that had significant changes, so that I could aim for that as a short term goal mile marker. And i didnt get any clear guidance.

So i want to share with you all that around 20,000 is when i felt some changes, some traction. When we hit our first 100, 1000, 10,000 15,000 and so on, we didnt really feel any changes. Just the same struggle all throughout.

But after we hit 20,000 we started getting more comments on our videos. More rsponse back from viewers and more interaction. Before 20k it felt like we were uploading videos into a blackhole. After 20k is when you feel like people are really watching your videos. Also the real time views were of thicker volume for appropriately targeted videos. We are Starting to feel real traction, change, and hopefully more growth. It feels like 20,000 was a major milestone marker.

And technically it wasnt at 20k. When we hit 20k we didnt feel all these changes and i thought it was another meaningless marker like 10000 15000 was. But maybe around 21 or 22,000 is when i realized things have changed a little.

So fyi guys hitting past 20,000 seems significant. Although all channels are different and our experience may not be the same as others.
A big congratulations to you! So very happy about your success, and thank you for sharing and taking the time to write this post. Gives us hope. Stories like this do help motivate us to try to stay positive. I feel the same in that I didn't notice a change at 1K or 2K or even more recently 5K on our channel. But, hoping we hit another gateway video and go from there having learned so much from this forum.