2 years and still at 18 subs? what am I doing wrong?

Riley Serola

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Been reading this thread. When I first went on your profile I didn't realise I was looking at the new improved one. To be honest it's still not really impressive. The banner isn't terrible but could be better but to be honest I don't think its really that important at this stage. I mean you can look at my channel and I still don't have a proper logo or banner yet but my channel is growing in views and subscribers.

Some pointers.

Thumbnails. Use customised thumbnails always. It makes your videos more clickable. There are various free software's you can use. I recommend Canva as it's very easy to use.

Duration. Make your videos short. Now I might sound like a hypocrite because my videos typically range from 5 minutes to ten but it typically takes that amount of time for me to get the message across. I think for a gaming channel you can probably pull that off in a more short concise way. It also makes your videos more clickable.

Titles. When choosing titles for your videos think of them as search terms. You want people to find your videos therefore you should use terms that people actually search for. The titles you've used for your videos would never be searched by a human being. Try and use the YouTube search bar for suggestions.

Tags. My guess is you're not making full use of tags. Just as mentioned above you need to use words that people search for. I'm guessing you are not doing that because even without subs you should be getting a decent number of views.

Word of advice. Stop deleting old videos. Just focus on improving your newer content. There's no shame when people see old videos and can see a significant improvement. What is harming your channel is when it's an old channel with barely any content on it.

Hope this helps

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I watched some of your videos and there is nothing up beat about them at all. Gaming is truly one of those genres that you need to show emotion in your voice, and perhaps even have a facecam, so you can show the emotions to others. I started a gaming channel for when I am bored (last and only video was over a month ago so not serious gaming channel) but I employed face cam and tried to edit out as much of the dead spots as possible.

DieuGirl

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Just a few updates, since this got so many responses:

• Updated the Banner, but I'm not sure if it's better or worse.
  • Video thumbnails are improving, which is always a plus.
  • views are still all over the place, (i.e. some videos have 2, some have 15)