2 years and still at 18 subs? what am I doing wrong?

Don't get me wrong, trying to help you out here okay.

It's good that you're putting effort into your channel, keep that up!

But the font that you used is probably the corniest of them all. Perhaps you should consider changing it up. You can also use online font or text generators to make your font a little bit more interesting, for example with a stroke or something.

You could also at least center the text in the banner so that no letters are cut off at the top.

There's also the (in this case very appropriate) way of getting a more professional banner and icon, and that is to simply reach out to an amateur/semi pro artist. I'm sure they would love to help you out.

I'm not angry. I just want to make sure I get every detail right. Its all good, bro! I know you're just trying to help, and I really REALLY appreciate it.

Okay,I used a font called 'French Script'. so does it work? or do I need to deepen the font color (Or try again with the dafonts.com download)?

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm repeating the same mistakes over and over. All of my equipment is state of the art high end stuff, but as I said, I'm using GIMP to edit.

Banner.jpeg

Ok, your current "billboard" on your channel (the big long thing that's above the videos, I forgot the name for it, (facepalm)) Looks really good. The only suggestion I'd have would be too darken the font color a tiny bit and give it a tiny outline.
Right-click your text layer
Click "Alpha to Selection"
Create a new layer
Click select in the upper left
Click grow, and 1.
Then click "fill" in the toolbox.
Make sure the foreground color is black, then fill the area in.
Move that layer under the text layer in the layers screen.
That's my suggestion,
I subscribed, can't wait for a video

Thank you so much for your suggestion, Pat. (and thank you for telling me how to outline the text as well!) it turned out wonderfully! I guess you learn something new every day!
(by the way, this is the 'watermark' font I mentioned earlier. I finally got it work!)
Banner.jpeg

Alright, the font color is perfect, but the font that's already on your channel is a lot better than this one (no offense)
My suggestion is to keep your older font
Never ever go to "dafonts.com", always go to "dafont.com", for those looking at this conversation.
Did you buy this font or no?
Please give me a link to where you got this font, I need to check something

No offense taken, although I'm not quite sure which font your talking about. the font in the first banner (I'm not angry...) is called French Script. the Font in the second banner (Thank you so much for your suggestion, pat...) Is called watermark.

French Script came pre-installed with Windows 10. watermark is 100% free at www.dafont.com

You can have someone make you a pretty good banner over at fiverr.com for 5 bucks - if you really wanted to SPRUCE it up a bit, imo do you know how to use PHOTOSHOP/GIMP? with the millions of channels out there, you need to make yours stick out somehow. Also how old are you if I may ask?

Good luck! Don't worry too much, me at 6 years and only 1,400 subs. It looks a lot but with that much time it's nothing. :( let's keep doing our best.

Back