Voice Acting 2 women needed - 1 mellow, 1 from Brooklyn

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi all!

I'm looking to have two short, upbeat stories narrated and need one woman to narrate each. Here's a little more spec:

One needs an American woman with a Brooklyn accent (or similar). It's based in a disco nightclub in 70's Brooklyn, involving a woman in her mid-20's (or thereabouts) who considers becoming a dancer at the club. If you'd like to try out for the role, please email me a sound sample to thesaturdaystorytellers@gmail.com. Here's the text for the sample:

"The streets of Brooklyn at night are nothing quite like the heart of New York. It is quieter on the streets, yet in the clubs, it is wild. Disco is on the rise in New York and it finally has given me reason to get out of my office job and meet new people; let loose and have fun."

The other needs a teenage girl, ideally between 14 and 16. I'm casting so young because the story in question is told by a girl watching over her toddler sister as their parents drive them somewhere, so a young narrator would make the age gap between herself and her baby sister more believable. The story itself is mellow so I'm looking for a girl with a mellow voice to read it. If you want to try it out, please email me a sound sample to thesaturdaystorytellers@gmail.com, and here's the text:

"She was four months old sitting in the back seat with the most adorable toothless grin. Lilli made a delighted sound as the warm summer air blew in from the window and rushed over her face. She stretched her arms, her tiny fingers pointing out and up, up up! It was such a lovely moment, one that I will never forget."

The final product will look like The Cabin, which you can see by clicking the link below to my channel. At the time I'm writing this, it's the most recent uploads.