2 Videos a Month or 1 Video a Week?

BuddyCrafted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Commentator, Reviewer
Summer is vastly approaching and I will have much more time on my hands to produce, edit, direct, and render new videos.

Considering I’m still going to be a bit busy this summer with my camps do you think if possible it would be worth it to make more content weekly.

My videos take mostly 10 to18+ hours to make with the long rendering times, green screen editing out, music/ audio level adjustments, and transitions and fading from one clip to another. In addition to recording the footage and writing the scripts in the first place.

So what do you think YtTalk community, should I try to make 1 video a week this summer or just take my time to make them good

Let me know

BuddyCrafted ‘

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
if you have a schedule then your youtube channel becomes a chore. How much fun are chores?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
To me consistency is always best when it comes to uploads but you don't want to lose quality at the same time when making your videos. So if you can upload one a week then I say go for it. However if you begin losing quality then stick to two a month. =]

BuddyCrafted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Commentator, Reviewer
if you have a schedule then your youtube channel becomes a chore. How much fun are chores?
It’s not a chore, I am starting to bring different types of series and types of videos so. One week it may be a green screen video and one week it may be a Review, then maybe one week a how to of something. I also have the popular Explained series where I go over the true meaning of songs

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'd recommend 1 video per week if you can manage it.

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Summer is vastly approaching and I will have much more time on my hands to produce, edit, direct, and render new videos.

Considering I’m still going to be a bit busy this summer with my camps do you think if possible it would be worth it to make more content weekly.

My videos take mostly 10 to18+ hours to make with the long rendering times, green screen editing out, music/ audio level adjustments, and transitions and fading from one clip to another. In addition to recording the footage and writing the scripts in the first place.

So what do you think YtTalk community, should I try to make 1 video a week this summer or just take my time to make them good

Let me know

BuddyCrafted ‘
I would always put quality CONTENT above everything else. If it is rushed for the sake of being able to publish it by a deadline, people will sense it, and will lose trust.

Conversely, I would be cautious not to get stuck editing each video to the tiniest details (unless that’s your niche), cause that’s just an unsustainable pattern.

It bears mentioning that there are successful YouTubers that publish amazing content once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually make one video a week, but sometimes my videos take longer to edit so I skip a week because I’m still editing like this Saturday for example I don’t have video because I’m still editing so I will post it next week. But I always try to upload every week

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Up to you, but I would strive for quality over quantity!