2-Step Authentication and You

ThioJoe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It is my opinion that you absolutely must enable Google's 2-step authentication feature on your YouTube/Google account. If you don't know what it is, basically this means that any time your computer logs in from a new computer, you will receive a text message with a second code that you will have to enter before you can log in. If you value your YouTube channel at all, take two seconds to enable this feature. This way, even if a hacker were to get your password, they would not be able to log in without your phone. If you think it's too much of a hassle, imagine how much a hassle it would be if a hacker logged into your account and deleted all your videos within minutes, before you even realized it.

I would put the link but I can't until I have a few more posts. You should be able to find it no problem by just googling "Google 2-Step Verification" and going to the first result.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use it myself and wrote an article about this recently, it really is worth it although it can feel like a hassle at times especially when I cant find my phone, I have them spare codes printed off but I have them slipped between my DVD drives so I can only get at them when I really need them :D