2 questions: How to behave on internet? Stick to one content or multiple?

ShyJosh

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Me again, I have a lot of beginner question in terms of how to behave on youtube. This is my first time going seriously on youtube, since I had two non-serious first channel just to see how things work.

So ....

1. Ask people to subscribe and like video? Do you do it? Can it help? I've heard that PewDiePie made statement where he told that he got subs after he did ask people to subscribe on channel so ... Do you do it? Is worth it?

2. Comment other videos in terms of promotion. Do you comment other videos in terms of promote your channel. Like not in; hey go check out my channel ... But in terms; This song is good, I like guitar sound in this one, drummer is amazing and vocals did a good job. :D But again, not in subs gain way, but in terms of getting top comment and then being seen .. Do you do it? Good idea?

3. Promotion on facebook groups. Again, not a huge fan of it, not fan at all actually. But ... is this good idea?

4. Collabs? Your thoughts?

I had few thoughts in my head few seconds ago, but they did run away ....

My point is; I'm kinda in the phase that I don't wanna cheat in terms of getting subs, I wanna do it in most hardest way ... 'couse I've seen few people did get huge without even posting video on one facebook group, or without one collab. XD So ... your thoughts on this one?

And yeah .. I remembed what I wanted to ask:

If you wanna get try on 2-3 different genres of videos, do both from start or? Stick to one or do both? The thing is; I would love to try make few different video types and I'm not sure how to start it. Typical example when people play one game and they decide to change, and people usually don't react good. How to avoid stuff like that? Start both from start, or switch from time to time? Stick to one and start 2nd later?

And another queston:

When is time to start maybe 2nd channel? Or if Amazontube goes out? Is that smart move or?

Tnx.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think i ask in a couple of my videos, but I am not sure if it really helps. It is hard to know really. I comment on similar genre videos when I can, and sometimes i have gotten subs from doing it, but you don't ask for it with the comment you just leave a genuine comment on the content. Facebook groups helps more than youd think since it is the biggest social media platform. Collabs help if you can do it. And about the genre thing if the three types of videos share the same demographic then go for it. and in the end its your channel do what you want with it :)

GreenTGoats

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
1. If your goal is a lot of subs, go right ahead. But if you want subs that actually watch your content, you're going to have to work harder than that.

2. Absolutely. I think of it as community involvement.

3. Eh. I've never had luck with this, but I guess it depends on your content.

I have a different youtube cha email for each topic I want to post videos on. I'm not entirely sure on what I'd do for a gaming channel though.

Reactions: User_78298
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Me again, I have a lot of beginner question in terms of how to behave on youtube. This is my first time going seriously on youtube, since I had two non-serious first channel just to see how things work.

So ....
He ShyJosh,
these are my answers to your questions:

1. I think you should definitely do this, cause although it might only work with 0.1% of the people that watch your video,...that 0.1% will subscribe to your channel. This won't bring you a lot if your video is being watched 100 times per year,...but imagine that all of a sudden it would be picked up by youtube suggested or any blog or forum or facebook group or so,...and your video will get 100.000 views per year,..then this 0.1% will bring you quite some subscribers.

2. ''But again, not in subs gain way, but in terms of getting top comment and then being seen .. Do you do it? Good idea?''
You are right here,.....definitely do it this way,..but makes sure that it brings you views that are good for your audience retention. I mean if you get 100 views per day, cause you comment a lot on other people's videos,..but most people only watch the first 10 seconds of your video, then this is no good i think. Cause it gives you bad audience retention on your videos and this is not what you want. I rather have 10 views per day on my video with a 80% audience retention,....instead of 100 views per day with a 25% audience retention. I AM CURIOUS WHAT PEOPLE ON THE FORUM THINK OF THIS?

3. I think this works the same as what i wrote about point 2. If these views that come from the Facebook group give you good audience retention, then that is super. But if they don't, then i don't think it will help you. I mean you want that the Youtube Algorithm likes you. And it won't like you when the audience retention of your video is not good.

4. For sure it works,..many channels have proven this. The big question is how can you collaborate with other channels? I mean i would love to collaborate with other channels, but i don't know how i could do this? I mean i don't know, who would like to collaborate with me? And in what way i could do it. With what kind of channels would you like to collaborate?

I hope this helps
Greetz Lenny

F7GOS

Reaction score
1. Ask people to subscribe and like video? Do you do it? Can it help? I've heard that PewDiePie made statement where he told that he got subs after he did ask people to subscribe on channel so ... Do you do it? Is worth it?

For sure ask, it can't hurt, especially at the end where people have already stuck out your video.

2. Comment other videos in terms of promotion. Do you comment other videos in terms of promote your channel. Like not in; hey go check out my channel ... But in terms; This song is good, I like guitar sound in this one, drummer is amazing and vocals did a good job. :D But again, not in subs gain way, but in terms of getting top comment and then being seen .. Do you do it? Good idea?

Definetly No. not on other peoples channels - Unless they specifically ask in their video and you have a relevant video as a response. For example "what tip have you got for xxxxx let me know down below" and I may have a video which I could share that is directly relevant to something the other creator actively asked engagement for. If they dont ask for engagement, don't link spam.

3. Promotion on facebook groups. Again, not a huge fan of it, not fan at all actually. But ... is this good idea?
Youtube loves getting traffic from "other sources" so yes, if you can get someone off Facebook and onto youtube its a good thing.

4. Collabs? Your thoughts?
Relevant collabs. Had a nice little bump early on when I only had a couple of subs. was a lot of effort though and unless it was really relevant now it's probably not going to bring in the kind of watchtime the effort would require... That said though.. if someone like OzTalksHW wanted to collab i'd Jump on it

ShyJosh

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
F7 - I'm pretty sure that I've read/heard somewhere that YT doesn't like stuff like sharing links and stuff. Are you sure of this one? Point 3 part of post. ;)

F7GOS

Reaction score
F7 - I'm pretty sure that I've read/heard somewhere that YT doesn't like stuff like sharing links and stuff. Are you sure of this one? Point 3 part of post. ;)
Yup, if you can get traffic ONTO youtube its looked on favourably

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk