2 questions about partnership and monetization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I could have made 2 different posts but I figured I'd just ask these questions together. My first question is, how big should you let your channel get before you apply for partnership? At what point do you think you would have a good shot at it? I know I'm small, but I feel like I'm growing quickly, I'm gaining anywhere from 1 to 3 subs a day, and my view count rises about 2 or 300 views a day, (at least it does right now let's hope it keeps up lol) So I'm just wondering how long I should wait before applying for partnership.

Secondly, I have videos on my channel that it won't let me monetize, it's like it's taken out the option completely. But these videos are no different than my other videos that it DOES let me monetize on, so I'd like to contact youtube and ask them why they won't let me monetize those videos, it's just as much my content as any other video of mine. But I'm looking all over the site and I don't see how to contact them. So yeah, those are my two questions.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. I think you should have around 200k views in total and around 1000 subscribers, thats what I would wait for myself.
2. I honestly dont know why, I hope someone else can answer that.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
1. I think you should have around 200k views in total and around 1000 subscribers, thats what I would wait for myself.
LOL... Ok I might be alot farther off from partnership than I realize hahaha

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
LOL... Ok I might be alot farther off from partnership than I realize hahaha
Thats just what I would wait for, I am sure others have their own figures to share when it comes to this :)

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea some people say the views count more then the subscribers. I have heard partners say having at least 1,000,000 views should get you in. They make it really really hard for you to contact Google. They tell you to go to their help forum...where nobody responds 9 outta 10 times. I don't think there is a e-mail either trust me I looked hard when I wanted to ask them about my adsense account.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea some people say the views count more then the subscribers. I have heard partners hay having at least 1,000,000 views should get you in. They make it really really hard for you to contact Google. They tell you to go to their help forum...where nobody responds 9 outta 10 times. I don't think there is a e-mail either trust me I looked hard when I wanted to ask them about my adsense account.
There's no email address just support forms and the vast majority just send automated responses, that is one of the main things I dislike about Google/YouTube, lack of, if there actually is any, customer service.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on people who are potential partners right now and see when they get partnered, or better yet watch someone right from the start to get an idea of when they got theirs.

Reactions: itsameray

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Mmmmk... that gives me some stuff to chew on. I didn't know if it was soley based on views and subs, or if they might actually look at my content and go "ok, he's consistent and multitalented, we'll partner this because the content is high quality" I didn't know if you might get partnered off of that or not.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mmmmk... that gives me some stuff to chew on. I didn't know if it was soley based on views and subs, or if they might actually look at my content and go "ok, he's consistent and multitalented, we'll partner this because the content is high quality" I didn't know if you might get partnered off of that or not.
I believe they consider it all, I can imagine them having a checklist and if you check out good you get it, like this:

Views Criteria Met (200k) = Yes/No
Subscribers Criteria Met (1k) = Yes/No
Regular and consistent uploads = Yes/No
Copyrighted content = Yes/No

I cant imagine it getting any deeper than that or them watching your videos, there are a lot of partners out there who have partnership and they have loads of subs and views but their content really is poor so I doubt they check it.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Did one of your videos ever have copyrighted material in it that you did not say you did not own? One of my Vlogs had that happen and It was something so simple as little background music where I was walking. So before monetizing your videos make sure to say what you own in the video and what you don't own. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.