2 Different Topics - Opinions please

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I haven't done anything yet, I'm still in the pre production phase lol. However I want to do 2 very different types of videos: Comedy and eating large amounts of food.

From what i've read, since they are such different topics it is not a good idea to use them on the same channel, right?

English is not my native language, so I was thinking about doing the comedy one in english and the food one in my native language. I think the fact that there are no eating large amounts of food only channels here in my country can help to have some views.

There are so many great eating channels on youtube worldwide that if i'd try to do it all English (which would still be difficult for me), I'm sure that very few people would watch it.

What do you guys think ? I'd like to know your opinions. Anyway, that would be really hard for me because I love eating but I'm VERY shy in front of a camera lol.

Thank you.

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think that most viewers on Youtube aren't really interested in videos that aren't in English, so if you do decide to do the food channel, you should do it in English. Combining the different topics actually might work, as that could be how you stand out, which is really important to grow on Youtube. You could make eating large amounts of food comedic in some way. As for being shy on camera, you'll become more comfortable over time as you create videos. If you are really uncomfortable, maybe you could use a mask at first. Hope this helped and good luck!

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your input!

When you said English, you're saying speaking in English and not just subtitles, right?

The idea of using a mask could be used, but in a eating channe, I dont know if people would "tolerate" that. Thanks.

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks a lot for your input!

When you said English, you're saying speaking in English and not just subtitles, right?

The idea of using a mask could be used, but in a eating channe, I dont know if people would "tolerate" that. Thanks.
Yea speaking English would be best. Subtitles might also work too if you want.

ALEA freelicencemusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
In my honest opinion, a channel in your native language COULD cover a niche. I don't know where you are from and how much competition you would find in your country or in the english speaking community so you should do your own research too. If I weren't fluent in english I would not like to go up against people who are, if there is a solid chance to have a clear path in my country. Not in all countries the population understands english well. For example: in Germany most people have no problems with ENG, but here in Italy, the Italian channels tend to do discretely well due to a lower use of english by the population.

So I wouldn't totally ditch the possibility to go full native language.

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thank you both.

Yes that's why I've said that about doing the eating one in my native language, because I know that there are is such channel like that in my country and I'm sure some people would enjoy it see someone with that kind of videos who speak their language.

Last edited:

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I do think that you could make a channel in another language, there are some channels out there that in different languages. Also just an idea, why not try and incorporate comedy into eating a lot of food, I could imagine them both working together.

Reactions: tahlia

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks.

It could be funny mix them together on the same channel. Uploading some comedy videos and once in a while a eating one. My problem is the English language, I can speak it but not perfectly and people would notice that. So me being very shy and umconfortable in front of a camera with the task of speaking English, that would be a problem.

For example, in the comedy videos, they will be spoken in English, but with a narrator type of voice instead, not mine or other people who will be on camera.