2 Best FREE Softwares for Creating YouTube Thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone, today I want to share with you what I think the best software is for creating YouTube thumbnails. Any experienced YouTuber will know that custom thumbnails are a vital part of creating a good video and overall channel, so a good thumbnail needs to be made on a good software. At ApexTV, we consider something good if it is both free and effective.

The first "software" isn't really a software at all, but rather an online resource that is great to use. Google Drawings. Google drawings can be accessed by going into the Google drive account that comes with the email that you created your YouTube account with. In Google Drive, just click the "new" button towards the top left of the page, then hover on the "more" option that will drop down so you can access the option to create a new Google Drawing. Now you can create your thumbnail! If you are confused on how to actually create the thumbnail (size, file type, etc.) I will be posting another thread soon on how to create great YouTube thumbnails using Google Drawings.

The second software is paint.NET. paint.NET is a great free software that allows you make and export very cool thumbnails for YouTube. Be sure to set the image size to 1280x720 by going into the image tab and then adjusting the settings, but that's all you really have to do to set up the canvas for creating thumbnails for your YouTube videos.

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps!

Reactions: Riddikore

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use paint.NET with a few addons/plugins and it gets the job done! Nice post!

Reactions: ApexTV

ApexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use paint.NET with a few addons/plugins and it gets the job done! Nice post!
Cool to see another pain.NET user! That's another greta thing about paint.NET, you can use different plugins and ad dons so you aren't confined to the software as much.

Reactions: Riddikore

Mr.Arobel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I used to use Corel Paint. Unfortunately it was only a demo and for one month only :/ I'll check paint.NET thanks guys

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ehh should I admit that I'm using the good old basic Paint? Probably not...

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
GIMP is essentially a cut-back free version of Photoshop with a different UI and Layout.

Reactions: RBG

xAlien7

Reaction score
Try out pixlr.com! It works really well and is super simple to use!

Kelkschiz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I mainly use Paint.NET, it has plenty of tools and is pretty intuitive to use. I also use GIMP for a couple of things.

Starseed Beats

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey man ! There is Gimpshop to make pretty good thubnails, it's like photoshop but it's 100% and the best thing, is compatible with photoshop file

ApexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey man ! There is Gimpshop to make pretty good thubnails, it's like photoshop but it's 100% and the best thing, is compatible with photoshop file
Thanks for the info![DOUBLEPOST=1455651369,1455651330][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ehh should I admit that I'm using the good old basic Paint? Probably not...
Haha, good ol' Microsoft Paint![DOUBLEPOST=1455651394][/DOUBLEPOST]
GIMP is essentially a cut-back free version of Photoshop with a different UI and Layout.
Cool! Thanks for the information![DOUBLEPOST=1455651422][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try out pixlr.com! It works really well and is super simple to use!
Thanks for the recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.