2.7K Resolution: Is this Even an Option on Youtube?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I just uploaded a video last night in 2.7k, but it only comes up as 1080p. I've searched for other 2.7k videos as well and I've seen most come up with 1080p, but I've seen a few come up with 1440p as an option. I have not made this video public yet because it has another bogus 3rd party claim on it, but before I release it I was wondering if anybody has a 4k monitor that could tell me if this video is actually playing at 2.7k or 1080p and if you have the option to select 2.7k. I may have to re-do the video or something to make sure it uploads correctly before making it public. Thanks!

mercmonster

Asia's Redheaded Step-Child
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey Munchito, unfortunately your video is private right now!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I just set it as unlisted so that stupid a** Fullscreen/Audiomicro can look at my bogus 3rd party claim, this s**t is ******* me off...[DOUBLEPOST=1426197006,1426190038][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok the content claim is removed finally and the video is public. Do you have a 4k monitor? I'm interested to see how high this quality is.

Reactions: mercmonster

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I just set it as unlisted so that stupid a** Fullscreen/Audiomicro can look at my bogus 3rd party claim, this s**t is ******* me off...[DOUBLEPOST=1426197006,1426190038][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok the content claim is removed finally and the video is public. Do you have a 4k monitor? I'm interested to see how high this quality is.
I've got a 2k monitor and the quality is really nice :)

Reactions: Munchito696

mercmonster

Asia's Redheaded Step-Child
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Unfortunately I don't have a 4K monitor, @Munchito696, sorry :( That being said, it looks fantastic in general! :D Amazing angles - you could be shooting this stuff for Animal Planet, honestly.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Unfortunately I don't have a 4K monitor, @Munchito696, sorry :( That being said, it looks fantastic in general! :D Amazing angles - you could be shooting this stuff for Animal Planet, honestly.
Thanks! I have some even better action shots like this but in lower resolution with better slow mo. This was more of a test of how high res could I get and still use slow motion. I think 1440p is the only one I haven't tried on this camera, looks like I'll have to try it this weekend.

I've had one video on Animal Planet so far. They used my second ever dog video for a Mayan Apocalypse skit on a show called "The Year in Pup Culture". Lola had the longest clip in that segment! I'll have to upload that video one day as non monetized, it's pretty funny.[DOUBLEPOST=1426257129,1426257034][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've got a 2k monitor and the quality is really nice :)
I watched it on my big a** TV and it looks great, but only in 1080p. I so want to see my 4k and 2.7k videos on a 4k screen to see how it looks! My girlfriend's co-worker is getting a huge 4K TV really soon, I'll have to pay him a visit!