• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

1K Subs in new genre

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All of my channels are toy car related but I wanted to do marble racing videos too. I could put them on Race Grooves since 'race' is actually in the name of the channel. However, if I reviewed a marble toy, it might not make sense.

With my channels being broken up into more focused concepts/topics, Marble Grooves was born. I actually have owned the website domain for about ten years but that's a story for another day.

Being able to promote from my other channels is very helpful. That's another reason to have multiple channels so that the viewer can subscribe to the topic that they like but you can still mention the other channels. You cab link to them in the Cards and End Screen elements.

About 90 days in, I got the subs and am almost half way to monetization. I have less than ten videos but the watch time is doing very well!

I am enjoying creating content in a new category but I will apply strategies I learned over the past ten years.

image.jpeg

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Congrats Mark, well done. That's a good strategy. It's always good to diversify. :)

Do you use your websites that are linked to your channels? I mean do you drive traffic from your channels to your websites and/or vice versa? I do it sparingly from my outros and cards that appear towards the end of my videos (so as to protect my audience retention)

Reactions: markkaz