• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

1k after a few months...

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Heya peeps, I finally got to 1k subs a few months into doing vids. I have been putting a few bucks into Google Ads when I post each new video and that seems to have really helped with not getting quite as lost in the shuffle. It's too expensive to keep doing it, so I am hoping I get enough steam going for organic growth, but just the same it's been real fun getting this far.

Reactions: Tobes and Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well done, keep it up. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
man organic is forever, 150 subs here in 2 years lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,, how much is the google ad?
The Google ads you set a budget. You can do something like $20 per day and it'll split it among how many you have. I also found that posting some of the videos to Reddit brought a nice influx. The /guitarlessons subReddit is great for what I'm doing. Keeping ads running for very long gets super costly though, of course.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
The idea of dumping some leftover cash into those Discovery ads has been lingering in my mind a lot recently. I've heard if you manage to really nail down the audience and targeting you can get relatively cheap clicks while getting a ton of targeted exposure and fast-tracking the channel's growth.

Your example seems to be confirming the rumours. Care to share some more details? I'd love to hear some more metrics if you don't mind.

EDIT: Congrats on the 1k though, it felt like a big achievement to me as well. Onto the 10k, as fast as possible, both of us. Godspeed!

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I set mine up to be discovery ads (running along the side, not in the other videos). From there it comes down to cost per view. It's working out to an average of $0.06 to get a viewer. I made my bids a bit higher than that just in case, but that's where it ends up. From there I'm playing with the best types of thumbnails, trying to get the click through rate over 1%. On most videos I'm between 0.85 and 0.95%. Higher rates over 2% come with stuff that is much more niche specific like the review of a specific piece of gear. Other, more general things, like top 5 tips for beginning guitar players will stay under 1%. Since I do CPV ads, how many times the ad gets shown doesn't mean anything to my cost. It's strictly cost per view.

The idea of dumping some leftover cash into those Discovery ads has been lingering in my mind a lot recently. I've heard if you manage to really nail down the audience and targeting you can get relatively cheap clicks while getting a ton of targeted exposure and fast-tracking the channel's growth.

Your example seems to be confirming the rumours. Care to share some more details? I'd love to hear some more metrics if you don't mind.

EDIT: Congrats on the 1k though, it felt like a big achievement to me as well. Onto the 10k, as fast as possible, both of us. Godspeed!

Reactions: Min/Max Munchking