1400 Views Overnight!!

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Excited right now! Just saw 1400 more views since last night on our Chuck E Cheese video! Any way I can see what caused this so I can drive traffic to our other videos?

I know this isn't much views for most channels but for our new channel with average 100 views per video .. this is exciting lol

Anti-Hype

Reaction score
Congrats that's awesome to hear! You can always check your traffic sources to see where its coming from! Say its coming from search you may want you use similar tags but at the same time you don't wanna compete with yourself so be wary! If its coming from suggested videos you can actually view which videos they are coming from. However i'm not sure if it there is a system to replicate something like that.

Congrats again! Here's to 1400 more!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Click this link and you can see where your chuck e cheese video is placed as suggested - you're on a few bigger channels that's what's driving traffic:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="CHUCK+E+CHEESE+Kids+FUN+Games+and+Activities+Indoor+Playground+FamilyFun+Playhouse+for+Children"

You're on:
Lorraine Toys Videos
Learning Clubhouse x4
POPULAR FUN (which looks like they stole a video and you got placed on that - that happens sometimes)

Untitled.jpg

+ a few others

There is definitely something you can do!
Make more of the videos with those tags and that topic.
The algo has given you the first test placements in suggested to see how your video performs, you need to feed it more of the same.

Last edited:

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Click this link and you can see where your chuck e cheese video is placed as suggested - you're on a few bigger channels that's what's driving traffic:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="CHUCK+E+CHEESE+Kids+FUN+Games+and+Activities+Indoor+Playground+FamilyFun+Playhouse+for+Children"

You're on:
Lorraine Toys Videos
Learning Clubhouse x4
POPULAR FUN (which looks like they stole a video and you got placed on that - that happens sometimes)

View attachment 38775

+ a few others

There is definitely something you can do!
Make more of the videos with those tags and that topic.
The algo has given you the first test placements in suggested to see how your video performs, you need to feed it more of the same.

Wow thanks how did you learn to be an awesome investigator please share LOL I'm not sure how to navigate all the search results yet like where my traffic is coming from etc. I just know the analytics page lol

Last edited:
Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow thanks how did you learn to be an awesome investigator please share LOL I'm not sure how to navigate all the search results yet like where my traffic is coming from etc. I just know is the analytics page lol
Hahaha, investigator! My other hobby...

Analytics is delayed by days, it's usueless for reacting quickly. Only thing is live traffic. If you see a spike right after posting with solid traffic on Live, it generally means that's a hot topic/keyword and you can make another 1-2 videos to feed into the hungry algo over the next day or two and get similar traffic.

The double quote " " for search is an exact search parm to find where your video is placed. just enclose exact title in " ". if nothing shows up, it means it has no suggested placements. That info was shared here many many moons ago by user Chottom I think.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
it worked! So how can I keep this up and get suggested on bigger channels all the time haha This gave me the boost to upload more often once a week is definitely not enough but I'm going to change that!

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wow and I was happy with 280 views in 6 days -_- smh lol
Oh trust me I know how you feel :) Still learning it all too. It will get better I think LOL Just keep uploading and gifting the world with your passion!

Reactions: missmonmonxo

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it worked! So how can I keep this up and get suggested on bigger channels all the time haha This gave me the boost to upload more often once a week is definitely not enough but I'm going to change that!
You've asked the $1 million question, literally. If you crack the suggested riddle, your channel will fly high to dizzying heights!

We've had many discussion here over the last 9 months about it, you can look through my username and @FamilyToyReview.
What I think it comes down to, is what I call shadowing. You pick a channel you want to be like, and shadow their videos. Not copy, but shadow closely.

You'll notice every time there is a new craze on Yt, starting with surprise eggs, then giant surprise eggs, then superheroes IRL, then bad babies (Toy Freaks), and dozens of other smaller sub-trends, as soon as the big channel (1M+) releases a video or 2, the smaller channels (100k-1M) jump on the bandwagon and shadow similar videos.

The algo, when looking for suggested placements, has many things to consider. It will place some of the videos off that same channel on there, it will place 'recommended for you' which are more tailored to the user's past habits, and suggested videos form other channel which it thinks are a good match. You have to make your videos that good match. So if you shadow match keywords, topics, and build some authority, you have a higher chance to jump on there.

When we started, I did this with Thomas and Step2. We got many suggested spots on 5k-50k channels (all related to those keywords), and that is a large part what drove our traffic and subs between 2k-10k subs.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hahaha, investigator! My other hobby...

Analytics is delayed by days, it's usueless for reacting quickly. Only thing is live traffic. If you see a spike right after posting with solid traffic on Live, it generally means that's a hot topic/keyword and you can make another 1-2 videos to feed into the hungry algo over the next day or two and get similar traffic.

The double quote " " for search is an exact search parm to find where your video is placed. just enclose exact title in " ". if nothing shows up, it means it has no suggested placements. That info was shared here many many moons ago by user Chottom I think.

Is a video uploaded after 3 weeks considered live traffic? I assume live traffic is immediate no? Just crazy after 3 weeks suddenly algo gives us a boost. So to keep algo happy I need to keep uploading with these tags and similar topic? I was planning to try surprise eggs this week but we will always include outdoor adventures too.

By the way awesome job with Hello a kitty videos! My kids watch them on the app and looking now you're doing GREAT![DOUBLEPOST=1480536264,1480535724][/DOUBLEPOST]
You've asked the $1 million question, literally. If you crack the suggested riddle, your channel will fly high to dizzying heights!

We've had many discussion here over the last 9 months about it, you can look through my username and @FamilyToyReview.
What I think it comes down to, is what I call shadowing. You pick a channel you want to be like, and shadow their videos. Not copy, but shadow closely.

You'll notice every time there is a new craze on Yt, starting with surprise eggs, then giant surprise eggs, then superheroes IRL, then bad babies (Toy Freaks), and dozens of other smaller sub-trends, as soon as the big channel (1M+) releases a video or 2, the smaller channels (100k-1M) jump on the bandwagon and shadow similar videos.

The algo, when looking for suggested placements, has many things to consider. It will place some of the videos off that same channel on there, it will place 'recommended for you' which are more tailored to the user's past habits, and suggested videos form other channel which it thinks are a good match. You have to make your videos that good match. So if you shadow match keywords, topics, and build some authority, you have a higher chance to jump on there.

When we started, I did this with Thomas and Step2. We got many suggested spots on 5k-50k channels (all related to those keywords), and that is a large part what drove our traffic and subs between 2k-10k subs.

Well said thank you! I have a list of ideas to try some new some done already but adding a twist.. There is a lot of learning involved with YT and this forum with Youtubers as yourself, are awesome for sharing tips! Subbing and I'm excited to see your growth!