1100$ for a camera what can i get ?

dailydrivenh2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi im using my phone iPhone 8plus to record now . If anyone can shot me any ideas on what can i get for 1100 as far as camera goes please . so many i dont know what to get . Im only really familiar with nikon (D750/D4) as far as photography goes but for video im lost .

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
It's quite hard to recommend a camera if you don't tell a minimum what king of stuff you're gonna to record and the conditions (interior, exterior...low light...).
That been said, take a look at sony a6300, a6500 and aR2.

Last edited:

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
That really depends on your content. I you do a lot of walking, driving, etc. I would get a Go Pro Black ($400), and then invest in a ($400-$500) regular camera that records in 4K if you do like commentary/DIY vids, or anything conversational.

Honestly a $1100 budget is REALLY good for a camera, so you have a lot of options.

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In general I'd go with a DSLR/SLR, something you can buy different lenses for as you save up more money. That'll give you more flexibility and better quality down the road (you can buy better lenses with lower f-stops or whatever). I've been a Canon guy for a while but I think Sony is the future.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would suggest a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2500. You can get it on amazon for about $1000 dollars. I like it because for someone who is a novice at cameras and dont want to get into the headache of changing lens and figuring out what lens does what its the perfect choice. Especially if you're going to do simple vlogging it is perfect. The quality is amazing and it is worth every penny. A friend of mine asked me to shoot a wedding for him and loaned it to me to shoot and I was surprised at how good it was. I'm saving to buy one right now.

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here is my current main setup and LOVE IT:

PANASONIC HC-WXF991K 4K

For walk around Vlogging:
Canon PowerShot Digital Camera [G7 X Mark II]

I have a dozen videos on these on my channel on testing these.

But it can be so hard to find the right camera.

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
For vlogging I like the Sony RX100 series. I also use it for b-roll

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Not able to suggest anything.

Just a clarificaltiom though.
You don't have 1100 available for camera.
You have 1100 -minus the price of peripherals and others, from batteries to mics to bag to whatever needed for the kind/brand/model you will choose.

:)

dailydrivenh2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks for replys i ended up getting a canon SL2 with a 10-18 mm just need to get a mic an ill be allset . thanks for the replys again .