• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

10k views on a less than 5.5 days old video!

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I have several videos with well over 10k views on my channel, but those views accumulated after months and months of YT search traffic trickling in.

This is the first time one of my new videos shot up to and above 10k views within the first week. The mini/semi-viral effect is still ongoing, I was getting 900+ views per hour at its peak a couple of hours ago, now it's down to 300-400 per hour. I don't know how long these small viral effects will keep occurring, but for now, I'm quite thrilled.

Next step: 100k within the first 7 days. I think I can pull it off by the end of the year, at least once.

Attachments

Reactions: NervousLatte

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I mean, the video accumulated over 16k views in 7 days. It's currently going through another spike, last 2 hours it got almost 700 new views.

I HONESTLY think, at this point, even though my channel is still very, very small, it's not even that hard to hit 100k views on a new video in the first week after upload.

I just need to make a video about the right topic appealing to a broader audience in my niche, research the heck out of it to be absolutely sure it's the best possible information and content quality I can come up with, make the production quality and editing as high and refined as possible, come up with an absolutely disgustingly clickbaity title and thumbnail and then OVERDELIVER in the video, so that people don't feel cheated and actually keep watching the video and subscribe to the channel for more.

With a bit of luck, I believe I can make it reach 6 figure views.

I do admit I have no super clickbaity/bombastic video ideas/topics at the moment. However, I've developed a new obsession with this whole YT project over the last few months and I always figure out something new and interesting over time.