• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

1000+ Subscribers

CraftsSquid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

So, I am happy to announce that my channel hit the 1000 subscribers mark today ;)

It's now under review for monetization. I hope it won't take to long...

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice one - How many hours do you have over last 365 days?
What videos do you create? What advice would you give to others that are seeking the same goal?

CraftsSquid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice one - How many hours do you have over last 365 days?
What videos do you create? What advice would you give to others that are seeking the same goal?
Currently I have a 7305 hours watch time so it's more than enough. This channel was created two months ago and views were not a problem, the biggest problem was gaining new subscribers.

I create DIY, Crafts and Lifehacks videos and the most popular one has 40K views.

I am still learning as YouTube algorithm is very weird. The video with the biggest watch time has 90% of it's traffic from "Suggested Videos" and it's not even optimised, it has a title, a very short description and absolutely no tags. :cautious2: I tend to believe that total watch time and retention are the most important factors.

CraftsSquid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Happy to announce that my channel was approved for monetization. It was quicker than expected - only 6 days :)

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Congrats, keep it up. :)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Nice job. Sounds like there finnally getting cought up on the backlog of reviews as well.

I also agree that watch time and retention play the biggest roll. SEO and titles and descriptions just help get the ball rolling.