• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

1000 Subscribers!

FPL Centre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We did it fam! 1k subs in the bag. :thumbsup2:

Considering this was my target to hit for May 2019, I cannot believe I've got there already.

Big thanks to everyone here who has responded to my queries & helped me out.

Honestly don't think my channel would be performing so well if I hadn't followed a lot of the advice on these boards & taken the time to learn/implement the suggestions.

Next stop 10k! ;)

Reactions: Crown

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I already said it on YouTube, but congrats! Your channel has been really helpful in my quest for FPL success this season

Reactions: FPL Centre

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats! Not many channels get to 1000 subscribers so you must be doing something right!
What advice would you give to channels that hope to hit the same milestone one day/?

FPL Centre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I already said it on YouTube, but congrats! Your channel has been really helpful in my quest for FPL success this season
Thanks. What's your current rank in the overall standings?

I showed your channel to my mum, by the way, she likes the True Crime Tuesday videos a lot![DOUBLEPOST=1539276642,1539275413][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congrats! Not many channels get to 1000 subscribers so you must be doing something right!
What advice would you give to channels that hope to hit the same milestone one day/?
Top piece of advice I would give is have fun with it, but make sure you put in the effort.

I had to learn how to do everything from scratch. How to use recording & editing software, how to make thumbnails & channel art, how to do plan & script the content in a way that works for me. Thankfully I already had an understanding of how to properly tag & do the metadata side of things.

YouTube tutorials & lots of advice on this forum helped me massively, but ultimately you also have to put the effort in to try & learn new things. There are still times when it gets super frustrating, but it's totally worth it to get a finished product out that you're happy with.

Check out my very first video compared to one of more recent ones. The contrast in quality is huge when it comes to the visuals, thumbnail, etc. I recently got a new mic (Blue Snowball) which also really helped the audio side of things.

Get involved as much as you can in a community (if one exists) for what you do. Find like-minded people on social media who might be willing to share your first few videos to a wider audience. I decided to do my first video on highlighting some of my favourite already-existing content makers (podcasts, blogs, etc.) and then messaged them on Twitter to make sure they were happy to be featured.

Once my video was released, they all retweeted & shared it because they were happy to have been given recognition, which in turn meant my video reached a much wider audience. Obviously don't be too annoying asking for people to share everything you do, but every now & then you can collaborate with a blog or podcast or another YouTuber on a single video or mini-series that can hopefully be beneficial for everyone involved.

And finally, try to find areas of your niche that are not being covered. My 2 biggest spikes in terms of subs & views came when I targeted content on areas of Fantasy Football that were being ignored by existing creators. For example, the launch of Fantasy Champions League was approaching, which is a less popular game than Fantasy Premier League but still has over 1 million players, so I did a series of videos on the basics, the best value players in the game, etc. Those videos immediately became my most popular ones because there was an audience hungry for the content & nobody else was feeding them. Look at what other accounts in your niche are doing & try to identify similar opportunities where things are going uncovered.

Reactions: EVO

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Aw thanks a lot!

My overall rank is pretty crap. I’m over 2000000. I had a few bad first weeks. But I’m catching up with your tips. I’m close to taking 1st place in my personal league. My boss is currently first, would feel great to overtake him!

FPL Centre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Aw thanks a lot!

My overall rank is pretty crap. I’m over 2000000. I had a few bad first weeks. But I’m catching up with your tips. I’m close to taking 1st place in my personal league. My boss is currently first, would feel great to overtake him!
Ahhh well keep me updated with how you're doing through the season. Would be great if you ended up beating the boss!

Reactions: ASMR Zelda

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
We did it fam! 1k subs in the bag. :thumbsup2:

Considering this was my target to hit for May 2019, I cannot believe I've got there already.

Big thanks to everyone here who has responded to my queries & helped me out.

Honestly don't think my channel would be performing so well if I hadn't followed a lot of the advice on these boards & taken the time to learn/implement the suggestions.

Next stop 10k! ;)

Congrats on your rapid growth! Keep it up. :)