• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

100 Million Views and 50,000 Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinHatRanch

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you been active at your channel since 2006? How long did it take to really get moving? Does your collection end up costing more than you make on YT?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you been active at your channel since 2006? How long did it take to really get moving? Does your collection end up costing more than you make on YT?
I didn't get active until three years ago.
I earn WAY more than what my collection is worth.

TinHatRanch

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't get active until three years ago.
I earn WAY more than what my collection is worth.
Hopefully I will get to that someday...where my channel makes way more than my gun collection is worth, lol. I have almost a tenth of your subscribers but only about 1/50th of your daily views. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: markkaz

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Amazing job, congrats on that many subs and views, a big achievement! :D

Skapo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats dude! Always stoked to hear about people doing well with their channels. Looks like you have the search and suggested view gig down pat! That is where the real money is for sure.

I wish you luck on getting to 100k really quickly!

Addie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wow! congratulations! and I wish you luck getting to 100k!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats dude! Always stoked to hear about people doing well with their channels. Looks like you have the search and suggested view gig down pat! That is where the real money is for sure.
I wish you luck on getting to 100k really quickly!
@Scobalula @Addie Thanks! I wish you the best for your channels as well!

@Skapo Yes, I laid low, scoped out my plan, and steadily created content for the niche of which I already had 15 years of experience. There are a few channels who are larger than me who do the Disney Pixar Cars but I am the dominant channel for Hot Wheels and Matchbox.

I look forward to getting my 'Verified' banner from YTTalk as well as my Silver Play Button from YouTube next year =)

Do you get the Silver Play Button or at least a message from YouTube?

Skapo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Skapo Yes, I laid low, scoped out my plan, and steadily created content for the niche of which I already had 15 years of experience. There are a few channels who are larger than me who do the Disney Pixar Cars but I am the dominant channel for Hot Wheels and Matchbox.

I look forward to getting my 'Verified' banner from YTTalk as well as my Silver Play Button from YouTube next year =)

Do you get the Silver Play Button or at least a message from YouTube?
That is the best advice you can give someone trying to get into YouTube. Be an expert on a niche market instead of a jack of all trades. It is so important to have a solidified image for your audience.

Haha I hadn't even heard about the Silver Play Button. Never got a message from YouTube either. In terms of importance on YouTube, we are #4791 on their list of most subscribed channels and we have 106,ooo subs. Haha YouTube has grown massive and you have to vie for their attention if you get any at all.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Be an expert on a niche market instead of a jack of all trades.
I definitely had/have a focus - toy cars, old and new, track sets and play sets.
I have branched out a bit as long as long as it feels like it's a good fit.

WrecklessEating had a topic recently regarding the changes to the incentive program:

http://yttalk.com/threads/no-more-gift-cards.84381/

I didn't even know about it until he told me a few months ago. He shared this link in that topic:

http://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/the-rewards.html

On the Creators Blog, YouTube stated "If this applies to you, on the lookout for an e-mail from the YouTube team in the coming weeks with instructions on how to redeem your Silver Play Button."

http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com/2013/09/vidcon-round-up-whats-new.html

Keep us informed when they contact you =)

Status
Not open for further replies.