• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

10,000 views!

NervousLatte

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
So, I know it's not a lot in the scope of things and I am just a tiny egg with not a lot of subscribers but SOMEHOW...and I don't know how, I accumulated 10,000 views! I was gone for almost two years, so I'm not sure what happened in that time frame but yaaaayyy :giggle:

Next milestone: 500 subscribers!

Reactions: markkaz and Fost

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
You're still going through the toughest phase of the overwhelming majority of tiny YT channels, one where you are below 1k subs and it's a major achievement to get just 100 views on a new video. All you can do is persevere through it, there's no shortcut other than a mostly lucky/random YT algo breakthrough.

A few suggestions.

-Organize your content into playlists and categories on your channels Home tab. I get roughly 10-11% of my views (120-130 per day) from people just browsing through my channel's tabs and pages. It might not be much now, but when you multiply it by 5 or 10, it accumulates considerably.
-This is subjective and my opinion only, but I think your thumbnails could be improved via combos of contrasting colors (you know, dark on light, light on dark etc...). You don't want stuff to blend and mix together, you want it to pop out of the image and "stab" your targeted audience in their eyes.
-Test and experiment, fail as much and early as possible. It's better to know what works and what doesn't today, than to wait for tomorrow or next week to find out. Don't get attached to the most comfortable way of doing things, one which you're most accustomed to. Try out different things, you never know when a seemingly small change might yield serious benefical results.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NervousLatte

CreativeOven

Reaction score
It's cool can you link us your youtube channel? thanks : D

NervousLatte

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
You're still going through the toughest phase of the overwhelming majority of tiny YT channels, one where you are below 1k subs and it's a major achievement to get just 100 views on a new video. All you can do is persevere through it, there's no shortcut other than a mostly lucky/random YT algo breakthrough.

A few suggestions.

-Organize your content into playlists and categories on your channels Home tab. I get roughly 10-11% of my views (120-130 per day) from people just browsing through my channel's tabs and pages. It might not be much now, but when you multiply it by 5 or 10, it accumulates considerably.
-This is subjective and my opinion only, but I think your thumbnails could be improved via combos of contrasting colors (you know, dark on light, light on dark etc...). You don't want stuff to blend and mix together, you want it to pop out of the image and "stab" your targeted audience in their eyes.
-Test and experiment, fail as much and early as possible. It's better to know what works and what doesn't today, than to wait for tomorrow or next week to find out. Don't get attached to the most comfortable way of doing things, one which you're most accustomed to. Try out different things, you never know when a seemingly small change might yield serious benefical results.
Thank you so much! I appreciate this feedback so much. Especially the bit of trying to get out of my comfort zone. I think I get so stuck in a comfortable way of doing things that I don't want to switch it up -- and you're right!!!

Again, thank you!

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you so much! I appreciate this feedback so much. Especially the bit of trying to get out of my comfort zone. I think I get so stuck in a comfortable way of doing things that I don't want to switch it up -- and you're right!!!

Again, thank you!
Yeah, I'm experimenting a lot last few months, changing the content delivery, video structure and I also recently switched to a new thumbnail pattern. The views seem to be increasingy, very, very slowly, but it's tough to say how much of that incremental growth is simply due to more people actively playing D&D nowadays compared to back in 2018, when I started the channel.

Based on my interpretation of my analytics data, it seems like watchtime is a key component for achieving micro/mini/semi-viral effects, specifically views from YT Homepage beyond the 48 hour mark after the video has been uploaded.

However, in order to get people to watch your videos for 5,6, 7 or more minutes on average, you have to do so many things right and everything has to fall into place almost perfectly. 15-20 minute long videos seem to be the safest bet, unless you can somehow get people to watch like 80-90% of a 10 minute long video - I'm beyond happy if my videos get just half of that percentage to be honest. Anything below 10% CTR will kill the virality sooner rather than later, because the video simply isn't getting enough views every hour to accumulate watchtime. And no amounts of watchtime, CTR and views seem to be matter in the long run when you get just 27 likes and 3 comments in the first 2-3 days.

Breaking into Suggested/Recommended traffic category for a consistent stream of views every day is still a mystery to me, even though all these YT "gurus" make it seem so easy. I have yet to get 1 video to get any meaningful traffic from suggestions, save a random click here and there.

Ranking videos in YT search is still relatively easy, though you have to go for stuff that doesn't have a lot of competition, otherwise nobody will ever find you no matter what combination of keywords they type into the search bar

CreativeOven

Reaction score
You has a very good channel and you are very cute but can you play like for instance men of war, or call of duty : P I'd love to see that :D.

Reactions: NervousLatte

NervousLatte

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
You has a very good channel and you are very cute but can you play like for instance men of war, or call of duty : P I'd love to see that :D.
Thank you so much! :giggle: Maybe I'll do a series on my channel were I play games I'm really bad at, haha like CoD!