1 Month on YT: Review?

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, I'm approaching 2 months since I've uploaded my first video on my channel (time really flies, doesn't it?) and I was looking for reviews on my videos and overall channel, and for the people that have been watching me from the beginning to feel as if I've improved and how?

What am I doing wrong? What can I change to attract more subscribers? I feel okay about my channel but I don't think I'm at that level where I'm happy with it or that people enjoy my videos.

Moonschool

Birmingham.
Reaction score
You're doing nothing wrong what so ever. Just keep going and you will get more views one day.

Reactions: Michael

Ray The Video Guy

Learn YouTube!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you have personality in your videos. I think the only real problems you have are more text related than video.

For instance, your channel text is "Hey, it's Stefan! Welcome to my channel. Subscribe for more videos and comment to let me know what you think."
Now, what it needs is something keyword related so it shows up in search. For instance, "welcome to my channel" should be "welcome to my {Keyword describing your content} channel. Then maybe, "subscribe for more {insert keyword description of videos} videos...

On the videos themselves,
"Questions of the Video:
What's Your Favorite TV Theme Songs?
Do you get along with your siblings?"

this can be much, much longer and filled with keywords and descriptions. Also, add the YouTube video URL into the description of that video, it will help boost the video in rankings, especially if someone embeds the video elsewhere.

Tags aren't hugely important, but that can make a big difference. "

Be longer and more specific with tags. "fais551" is probably not a good one, as I see no search volume. "songs" is far too broad. Narrow it down with keywords like "best tv theme songs" or similar. Search for similar high-ranking videos and see what they use, and use the same.

I like that you offer an email.

Reactions: Stef

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks! I agree that being more specific with my channel description could help people find me, but I'm not sure how else to describe my channel besides 'vlogs'. I'm not a beauty guru or comedian, so I'm not sure what to put. On that particular video I rushed on the tags, I suaully try to be more specific. Thank you for the input, it was a really helpful.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I remember reviewing one of your videos a while back when the lighting you had wasn't exactly up to scratch and it all looked a bit musty and gloomy in the room; but after I gave you my review for how you could improve it I saw that you took on the advice tremendously and changed backgrounding, lighting conditions etc and the videos look 100 times better. The content your currently posting is great, and you just need to keep on producing good work :)

Reactions: Stef

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I remember reviewing one of your videos a while back when the lighting you had wasn't exactly up to scratch and it all looked a bit musty and gloomy in the room; but after I gave you my review for how you could improve it I saw that you took on the advice tremendously and changed backgrounding, lighting conditions etc and the videos look 100 times better. The content your currently posting is great, and you just need to keep on producing good work :)
Thank you for that. The lighting is still a work in progress, but it's good that you think it looks good.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Thank you for that. The lighting is still a work in progress, but it's good that you think it looks good.
No problem :D