1 Channel with multiple Subjects, or Multiple Channels about single subjects?

Aryssa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay, Thanks. I produce videos in five main categories. My videos could be generally categorized as Homesteading and Outdoors, with the exception of my inspirational videos. Here are the five categories.

1. DIY How To Videos: Mostly how to build old style homesteading type farm stuff.

2. Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Sports Videos.

3. Product Review Videos: Mostly focused on on outdoor sports and video equipment.

4. Guns and Ammunition Reviews.

5. Inspirational Videos.

I am less then 10 subs away from 1000 subscribers. I average over 30,000 views a month and over 120,000 viewed minutes. I don't know if I want to become a BIG channel, but earning a few hundred a month to supplement my income would be nice.
1,2 and 3 fit perfectly together. 4 and 5 not really, I'd say leave one of those out so your content doesn't have too much diversity. I always believe that you can include different types of videos in your channel as long as they cover the same or similar topic (for example a storytime video in a gaming channel but the story should be related to gaming) however if this is working out for you then keep it up, but thats my personal suggestion

PS: It might work out for you perfectly because cmon shane dawson has singing videos, DIYs, creepy videos, eating food videos and he's super successful lol so everything is possible

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I currently have a YT channel with videos covering five many subject matters. I have wondered for some time whether that is helping or hurting me, and wondering if I should create more channels to devote to a single major subject. Would just like to hear some comments along these lines. Thanks
It depends on whether or not you're covering multiple subjects in a similar format or if you're covering multiple genres. Those can be tricky because they don't always work well under the same format.

Like, I'm an educational channel and I have one series on useless trivia and another on language. So, they're all different subjects but they're still educational so it's a little easier to keep it kinda uniform, I guess.

But doing something completely different, like Let's Plays or beauty reviews of daily vlogs - that kind of thing would clutter up my channel because it's a whole new kettle of fish each time and each of those things requires a different setup and creation process. Plus, when people visit a channel that's kind of a mess of everything, it's more off-putting because they don't quite know who you want to be.

So if you're doing several things that are completely different from one another, I'd recommend multiple channels. Just make sure it's a project you can maintain - sometimes one is bad enough!

Gilded_Overlord

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I currently have a YT channel with videos covering five many subject matters. I have wondered for some time whether that is helping or hurting me, and wondering if I should create more channels to devote to a single major subject. Would just like to hear some comments along these lines. Thanks
Its your channel post what you want. As long as its quality content who cares if you jump from subject to subject.