KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've edited out the suggestion to include bigger YouTubers in the tags because it's against YouTube Terms of Service (See "Misleading Metadata" at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en).

But other than that, this is a good post! =) I've moved it to the tutorials forum section so it's easier for people to find in the future. ^_^

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow, you made it for only 4 months? In my case I got my 1000 subbies in 3 years. Really sucks, right? I need this article to get some ideas how you made it, congrats.

jamieamos

Reaction score
This post is awesome, thanks for this. Also - your videos are really, really dope.

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly one of the best article I have ever seen in my life....thanks a for for sharing :)

TriTri

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've heard recently that tags don't matter anymore and you should only include long tailed ones you want to rank for, and recently i've noticed videos ranking with no tags at all! apparently youtube changed their algorithms to focus on title and description and not tags.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've heard recently that tags don't matter anymore and you should only include long tailed ones you want to rank for, and recently i've noticed videos ranking with no tags at all! apparently youtube changed their algorithms to focus on title and description and not tags.
Well, they might use them less for suggested indeed but for search it still is important. With some work and some authority you can rank pretty decently if you pick the right tags, bringing in some extra viewers. Key is just to do it all, title, tags, description and preferably subtitles in several languages and translated title/descriptions as well (a lot of work).

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
This was a great write up! I definitely learn a few things. Thanks for sharing this information. Both of my channels could use some work behind the scenes to get them going.

avrona

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A little help please? I already do everything listed, but I am only at 118 subscribers... after 3 and a half years! So any ideas?

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Awesome tips! Will be trying some of these out.

TheAngryPanda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Great tips! Thanks for taking the time to write this out. I'll put a fair bit of this to use from now :)