Services ♕ KingNoizy's Design Shop (Anything Available) ♕

HoraryHellfire

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think an improvement to your charging system would be people do NOT pay ahead of time. Rather, you show them a low quality version, a teaser, that is, and if they like it they can purchase it directly from you. If they do not like it they can request a change. To me, that seems like an improved version of payment.

Good luck!

Reactions: Carter

KingNoizy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think an improvement to your charging system would be people do NOT pay ahead of time. Rather, you show them a low quality version, a teaser, that is, and if they like it they can purchase it directly from you. If they do not like it they can request a change. To me, that seems like an improved version of payment.

Good luck!
Thanks for the Advice; However, that's the way that I work and I have done so with the many previous clients I have had, even if I were to make a "Teaser" to show them. That's potentially hours of unpaid work if they do not agree to purchase it. The real world does not work this way, as you'll find out.

HoraryHellfire

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the Advice; However, that's the way that I work and I have done so with the many previous clients I have had, even if I were to make a "Teaser" to show them. That's potentially hours of unpaid work if they do not agree to purchase it. The real world does not work this way, as you'll find out.
But the real world usually does work this way. People want to know what their buying. I will never ever pre-purchase an emblem, intro, outro slate, etc etc ahead of time. There are many, many others that would do this as well. When you go to buy food, you know you will get yourself vegetables. When you go to buy a video game, you know you are getting X video game with Y mechanics and Z storyline. However, with your type of transaction, I know I am getting a banner, but not a guarantee to suit my requirements.

Example: If I pay someone to make me an intro and I give them decent specifications. They spend a few days on it working when they can, whatever. They then give it to me, and it meets said requirements, but through bending the requirements. I didn't get what I asked for. Sure, I could ask them to change it, but that would rely if they will change it. With your type, you can easily say you will not change it until more money is shown. Whether you do that or not, I don't know. The possibility is still there. I don't like that possibility. Many others would hate that possibility.

You can either show them a low quality version, or give them a version covered in watermarks. A channel banner could be make perfectly, but they can't really rip you off because it has @KingNoizy on the topright, as a large semi-transparent right in the smack-middle of it, etc etc. So if they don't pay you and use the watermark loaded one, you are getting exposure.

People refund all the time, too. That is essentially money lost. However, the biggest companies in the world allow refunds yet they still are very successful. Now I am not saying to do refunds. I was using it as an analogy for money "lost".

I am not saying this to haggle my way into getting a service from you as I do not have money, nor do I need your services. I am just saying you might get more customers if you change the style of transaction.