“Bleeding” subs after a video with Jesus Christ

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
With everything that is going on with Youtube at the moment, I'm not sure now is a good time to be testing Youtube's tolerance to controversy. - That's a general comment, not directed at OP - I haven't watched the Jesus video so have no idea if it is controversial or not.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I swear some people enjoy being offended.
I think so too:)[DOUBLEPOST=1520686625,1520686511][/DOUBLEPOST]
How subs did you actually lose?
At least 10 in just a few hours (yesh I know bleeding it pushing a bit, but it ways WAY more than I ever tried before) Anyways I´m back at the exact number I had when I uploaded it so I guess I´m back on track[DOUBLEPOST=1520686674][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anything to do with religion is an extremely touchy subject unless you do it perfectly, you shouldn't be surprised you are loosing subscribers when tackling such a touchy subject.
I guess you´re right[DOUBLEPOST=1520686755][/DOUBLEPOST]
With everything that is going on with Youtube at the moment, I'm not sure now is a good time to be testing Youtube's tolerance to controversy.
What exactly do you mean by this?

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube, over the past year or so, but especially now, has been actively censoring, demonetizing and shadow banning people based on their political and social positions. If you say something that their "trusted flaggers" don't like, and keep in mind that their "trusted flaggers" are all far-far-far left regressives, then they can and will hurt your channel. YouTube, it's not just about profit, it's about ideological purity.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm sorry I'm still confuse of the differences of the left and right X(

I was aware that youtube was extremely liberal?

but I'm pretty sure most liberals and extreme liberals are anti-god?

(please correct me if I'm wrong I was trying to google left and right differences for like 20 minutes X( )

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm sorry I'm still confuse of the differences of the left and right
Left (Liberal) = Thinks based on emotion and will try to shut you down if they dont like what you say or disagree with you
Right (Conservative) = Thinks based on logic and facts and if they dont like or disagree with you they either tell you, or say ‘ehh’, and move on with their life.
(Note, i’m not saying that one way of this thinking is right, and the other is wrong, they are just different ways of thinking, seeing, and reacting to the world)

Youtube, as a company has shown itself to be very left/liberal lately.

And yes, as a whole (in general, on average, overall) many liberals/the far-left dont believe in God and think religion is bad, and will try to shut-down any of this kind of thinking. This is partially how they justify doing whatever they want, living however they want, killing babies in the womb, etc.. If there is no God, they can do whatever they want without consequences - and God help you if you disagree with them.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

Basically what @Cephus said above. Surely you are aware of the crackdown by Youtube and their advertisers on anything that could be deemed even slightly controversial or "inappropriate". It's been all over the news and discussed on numerous occasions on this forum for the last several months. You weren't aware of the "this content has been flagged and needs a manual review" thing?

Reactions: Digital Beast

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Left (Liberal) = Thinks based on emotion and will try to shut you down if they dont like what you say or disagree with you
Right (Conservative) = Thinks based on logic and facts and if they dont like or disagree with you they either tell you, or say ‘ehh’, and move on with their life.
(Note, i’m not saying that one way of this thinking is right, and the other is wrong, they are just different ways of thinking, seeing, and reacting to the world)

Youtube, as a company has shown itself to be very left/liberal lately.

And yes, as a whole (in general, on average, overall) many liberals/the far-left dont believe in God and think religion is bad, and will try to shut-down any of this kind of thinking. This is partially how they justify doing whatever they want, living however they want, killing babies in the womb, etc.. If there is no God, they can do whatever they want without consequences - and God help you if you disagree with them.
Oh geeze thank you, that helps a ton! :D

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congrats!
You just did a crash test with your audience.
You can say that Youtube or people are "...call them whatever you like...."

on the other hand, you can be positive on this experience.
The remaining of your audience enjoys your content.
Although I disagree with your opinions (e.g. ...back school) :p
I have to say that...
You have any right to express your opinion in any form (e.g. video)
(without offending others of course...) and be proud on your content.

:)

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Basically what @Cephus said above. Surely you are aware of the crackdown by Youtube and their advertisers on anything that could be deemed even slightly controversial or "inappropriate". It's been all over the news and discussed on numerous occasions on this forum for the last several months. You weren't aware of the "this content has been flagged and needs a manual review" thing?
Even slightly controversial or "inappropriate" unless it comes from the left, then they appoint those creators on their "trusted flagging" team. Because if you look at their censorship board, they are all hyper-left regressives. Of course, it isn't just YouTube, their parent company Google is every bit as bad, with a former CEO saying that they can just "take it off the page" if they don't like it. Silicon Valley tech companies like YouTube, Twitter and Facebook have been strongly censoring conservatives for more than a year now, with various and sundry purges coming about this time of year, at least for YouTube.

It really is a crappy company. It's unfortunately the only game in town. That's why they get away with it.

Reactions: Crown

Taho Nguin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, you can think of it as weeding out subscribers who aren't going to stick with you for the long road