Ω How do you deal with Lack of Video Ideas? Ω

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanesThoughts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, i'm trying to keep a daily Vlog system going, and iv'e been finding it hard to think of content to post, iv'e gotten away with posting "Tag" videos, but i see myself running short in the near future.
So, anyone got any tips for content ideas?
(Keep in mind, i'm not asking for, or trying to take anyone's ideas here, just wondering where you guys draw inspiration)

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
I don't. I'm an idea machine. My biggest problem is actually executing those ideas on my own. I have so many ideas I want to do, but most require extra props we can't afford, so I have to either stretch it to work or just not do it at all.

Take real life occurrences, and try and exaggerate those to make for an entertaining vlog.

Cay

Ytalks Reviewer
Reaction score
If i'm lacking ideas i will usually go on to twitter and see what is trending and see if there is anything that i can talk about. For example today with the #AmericanVsBritish thing.

2bonic

Nothing Is Talent If Everyone Can Do It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hey guys, i'm trying to keep a daily Vlog system going, and iv'e been finding it hard to think of content to post, iv'e gotten away with posting "Tag" videos, but i see myself running short in the near future.
So, anyone got any tips for content ideas?
(Keep in mind, i'm not asking for, or trying to take anyone's ideas here, just wondering where you guys draw inspiration)
Well my slogan says it all "Nothing is a talent if everyone can do it" so the best advice i can give you is show your talent and do videos with the talent you have.

If you think you haven't got talent (which is rubbish because everyone has) you just got to find it.

KanesThoughts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't. I'm an idea machine. My biggest problem is actually executing those ideas on my own. I have so many ideas I want to do, but most require extra props we can't afford, so I have to either stretch it to work or just not do it at all.

Take real life occurrences, and try and exaggerate those to make for an entertaining vlog.
Haha, lucky you! and thanks!

Reactions: JeriKane

MegaBoringGuy

Biggest Painted On Muscles You've Ever Seen, Baby
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't try and force anything, I just take a break. I'd write out a big list of topics, then get to suggestions from subscribers, then when that was over, look for trending topics, then I'd just stop if there was nothing. Cranking out crap is a chore and an insult to the viewer.

KanesThoughts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If i'm lacking ideas i will usually go on to twitter and see what is trending and see if there is anything that i can talk about. For example today with the #AmericanVsBritish thing.
Hmm, where would you take that? id love to see, Haha
And Thank you!

Cay

Ytalks Reviewer
Reaction score
Hmm, where would you take that? id love to see, Haha
And Thank you!
TheAmericanVsBritish thing? Well one of my series is Cays Opinion On "....." and i used this thing as the subject and just kind of spoke about how stupid it was and pointed out that most of the people participating were just a bunch of racists

KanesThoughts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't try and force anything, I just take a break. I'd write out a big list of topics, then get to suggestions from subscribers, then when that was over, look for trending topics, then I'd just stop if there was nothing. Cranking out crap is a chore and an insult to the viewer.
I Agree with the cranking out content is bad. And i would love to take suggestions, i just need to grow a bit more before people will actually Tweet me XD[DOUBLEPOST=1388886742,1388886703][/DOUBLEPOST]
TheAmericanVsBritish thing? Well one of my series is Cays Opinion On "....." and i used this thing as the subject and just kind of spoke about how stupid it was and pointed out that most of the people participating were just a bunch of racists
I Like that idea, and ill have to check out your videos :D

Cay

Ytalks Reviewer
Reaction score
A
I Agree with the cranking out content is bad. And i would love to take suggestions, i just need to grow a bit more before people will actually Tweet me XD[DOUBLEPOST=1388886742,1388886703][/DOUBLEPOST]
I Like that idea, and ill have to check out your videos :D
Aha okay then thanks. I only started yesterday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.